At NorthEdge we are committed to building a great place to work for our people.
To support us with this initiative we have a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, invest in learning and development and undertake an annual team engagement survey – which is used to get feedback on a number of topics that are important to us and our people, including culture, equal opportunities, developing capability and careers, effective leadership and attracting and retaining talent.
Now in its fourth year, we have continued to use the results from the survey to drive our activity, introduce new initiatives, and ensure we are continually making positive progress.
After collecting the results from this year’s survey, we were delighted to find that for the fourth year running 100% of our colleagues said they would speak highly of NorthEdge without being asked.
For the first time we also tracked our Employee Net Promoter Score (eNPS), a measure to understand how satisfied and engaged colleagues are with work. We were delighted to achieve a score of +73, which proves that we are taking the right steps to make our colleagues feel valued and engaged. To put this into context the average score across the worldwide finance sector is +27. We will continue to track this score over time to create a set of data to benchmark ourselves against.
Here is what our colleagues had to say about NorthEdge:
- “I believe that our focus on people, both internally and externally, is our biggest differentiator and helps us to win in the market.”
- “The culture is supportive and there is a constant strive to become better.”
- “The best thing about working at NorthEdge is our focused ambition to be the best PE house in our market while providing a supportive environment to develop our people and give them the opportunity to be the best they can be.”
- “NorthEdge is a real people centred business where everyone is willing to help out and you can feel comfortable being yourself and putting your own ideas forward.”
- “Enjoyable, collaborative working environment.”
- “The opportunity to get involved in really interesting and challenging work and the fact that everything we do as individuals makes a tangible difference to the success of the firm.”
Whilst we are delighted with the positive feedback and the progress we have continued to make, we are committed to improving our performance year after year.
To find out more about the work we do to build great places to work, in our business and across our portfolio, read our latest ESG report.