We are delighted to announce that we have been shortlisted as a finalist at the Private Equity Awards 2022 in the category of Diversity and Inclusion Leader of the Year – GP.
At NorthEdge we are focussed on continuing to make progress on Diversity and Inclusion, which we are delighted has been recognised externally. In 2020, we focussed on creating the most inclusive culture in our own business, alongside emphasising personal leadership and appreciation. In 2021 we focussed on supporting mental health and wellbeing across our business and portfolio given the impacts of the pandemic, and throughout 2022 we will be continuing to embed what we have learned, continuing to use our voice in our network and sharing best practice with our peers and portfolio.
Highlights from the last few years include:
- Setting up a dedicated D&I committee to champion D&I across our business and portfolio
- Undertaking training and producing guidance to ensure there is no unconscious bias in our recruitment process
- Engaging with multi-award winning Leadership and Inclusion coach Sharon Amesu to encourage leaders at NorthEdge to create environments where all employees feel engaged and motivated
- Focussing on promoting mental health and wellbeing, through our portfolio forums, resources, and podcasts
- Organising Insights Discovery workshops, facilitated by Ripple Partners, to help our people celebrate diversity, highlighting why bringing their own unique set of strengths to our business fosters a strong and high performing working culture
- Launching our online community platform Nexus, to share D&I resources and partners with our portfolio
- Running our annual colleague engagement survey, which includes several D&I metrics, to identify the areas that need improving and to create a plan to act on them
- Running our first in-person portfolio forum for 50 leaders across our business and portfolio, centred on the topic of people
- Participating in the 10,000 Black Interns programme to help Black students in the UK start their investment careers, with our second intern due to start in July this year
- Partnering with several universities to run the ‘Private Equity Challenge’, which gives students from a diverse range of backgrounds exposure to the industry
We are extremely proud to have been shortlisted for this award and we look forward to joining our peers and celebrating with the other finalists on the night!